I don’t know about you but my legs in the winter can get positively crocodile like. Having the heaters suck all the moisture out of the air does not help matters either.
Although being an organic beauty writer affords me a lot of access to the best natural and organic skincare in the world, I get such a charge out of being able to go into my kitchen and source delectable ingredients like lemon and ginger, salt and oil to make a luxurious skin smoothing cuticle busting, “kiss your alligator legs goodbye” hand and body scrub in a snap.
For all of my regular readers, you will, more than likely have these ingredients in your kitchen because you know good quality sea salt is the key to adrenal health and that your morning lemon and ginger in water flushes your lymphatic system and jumpstarts your digestive system. And because you know that a good quality extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil are liquid gold for a healthy metabolism and body this will not be a stretch to find in your cupboards.
So how do you create this delicious glowing skin creation?
It’s a very simple process that takes about 5 minutes.
- 1cup high quality sea salt (add in 1/2 cup of epsom salts for a magnesium boost)
- 1 large lemon zested and juiced
- 1 knob of ginger (about 1 1/2 inches long), grated
- Enough olive oil (or melted coconut oil in the summer) to cover the mixture.
- Zest and juice one lemon (can use lime too).
- Grate ginger.
- Add salt, lemon zest and juice and grated ginger into a lidded jar and cover in oil.
- Mix well.
- Let sit for about 2 days to allow the "flavors" to mingle.
- This works great as a lip softener by replacing the salt with unrefined sugar and 1/2 cup of raw honey.
- Try this and you will never have to worry about running out of your favorite scrub again! This keeps ragged cuticles at bay when used as a hand scrub and can even keep winter worn feet in tip top shape.
- Wishing you health, beauty, and elegance.